It’s that time of year!

Westgate Xmas Tree 12-10

Snow seems to be capturing the headlines this week, in Europe and the U.S.  I spent most of my life living in the Midwest and it was usually a white Christmas.  There is something special about the snow flakes falling outside the window as you sip some hot chocolate and enjoy the fireplace.

Now that we live in Phoenix we don’t see the white stuff unless we drive a couple of hours north which we will do this weekend just to take pictures.

I took this photo with my iPhone yesterday at Westgate which is right next to the University of Phoenix Stadium, home of the 2008 Super Bowl.  That is certainly a different scene than most of the country right now.

I kind of miss the snow at Christmas time, but I don’t miss the shoveling and bitter cold temperatures.  After blue skies, warm temps, and sunshine for the past 16 years it would be hard for me to endure the harshness of a cold winter.

Wherever you are and whatever the weather, I hope you have a very Merry Christmas, and that 2011 will be the best year of your life!