Pigeon Forge, Tenn.

Wow, haven't posted since Friday. Time flies. The wedding Saturday was superb. Outdoors, great couple, good wine, outstanding food. Congrats Chris and Caroline.

Sunday we attended church in Franklin, Tn with David, Paula, Scott, and Leslie. The church was so much like ours in Phoenix and we really enjoyed it. I can't tell you how fascinated we were with this town. I would seriously consider moving there. After church we had lunch, then headed for Pigeon Forge, some 4 hours to the East. Staying in a KOA.

Monday we drove through part of the Smoky Mountain National Park, namely Cade's Cove and along the way saw old cabins, churches and other buildings built in the early 1800s. At one cabin, while I was taking a photo, we met a woman and her daughter. The mother's great grandmother lived in the cabin! At another stop while walking through an old barn a five foot black snake slithered in front of us. My skin crawled but I still got some pictures of him.

Tuesday we drove to Gatlinburg and were very surprised at what a quaint town it was. We rode a tram to the top of a mountain, and that was fun.

Today we spent the day at Dollywood, just a short distance from our RV resort. A fun day, and it seems like all we did is eat!

Tomorrow we will explore more of the mountains and looking forward to some good pictures, although it's still a little early for turning of the leaves.

The first thing this morning I posted Cyber News on the net, but this ISP won't let me mass email anyone, so that's got me frustrated. Oh well, not the end of the world. I'll try from the Quad Cities.